Wednesday 29 April 2015

David Dave's 'Clusterfuck' Inquisition-Astra Militarum-Tempestus Scions failure to choose an army 500pts phase one list


500 Points Inquisition force



And a little from DD himself:




Along with my list I wanted to share a few thoughts and discussions that occurred within our play group when designing the army.

The first thing you may have noticed is that the list above is not actually a legal battle forged army. We debated long and hard on what an Inquisition force would actually look like since Games Workshop helpfully removed the Inquisitional Stormtrooper rules from the game with Codex Inquisition.

Initially I was simply going to use the Astra Militarum book with a company command squad representing my Inquisitors interrogator and his retinue with veterans in carapace armour as the troops choices. At the first points jump I would grab a detachment from the actual Inquisition codex consisting of the Inquisitor himself and a henchman unit. The main problem with this list is that we would end up with two incredibly similar armies at 500 points with Chris himself playing Imperial Guard, it also had the weird feeling of an Inquisition army that starts out without having an Inquisitor.

So I went back to the drawing board and after some discussion we simply let the Inquisitor take the place of the mandatory HQ choice in the army. We still had 2 very similar armies so to represent the elite nature of Inquisitorial Stormtroopers I switched to the Scion units, technically now using the Militarum Tempestus book. This however was going to run into problems both due to my dislike of the Taurox and further up the line when I wanted to include a variation of units rather then just spamming Scions forever so we decided to just pretend scions are a Troops choice for me resulting in the illegal clusterfuck you see above!

Going forward we are operating on the “don't be a Jerk” policy so I will be adding units under the careful eye of the rest of the gaming group :)

No comments:

Post a Comment